The swanky inaugural soiree benefitting Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) / Doctors Without Borders Canada took place at Downtown Porsche on the evening of March 14, 2014.
The evening was emceed by Anne Mroczkowski and Mike Chalut. The menu of hors d’oeuvres was designed by chef David Rocco in conjunction with Pusateri’s Fine Foods corporate chef, Tony Cammalleri.
To commemorate and jump-start-off the fundraising of this top-notch event, a brand new 2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S (pictured at the top) was donated for auction that evening by Dr. Peter Kircher and Helen Ching-Kircher. This special vehicle was customized exclusively for the Amore Without Borders event with a winning live auction bid of $132,000.
Other auction prizes included a private jet and W Hotel package to New York City valued at $59,000 and a diamond pendant from Guildhall Diamonds Inc.
Amore Without Borders is chaired by Sylvia Mantella of the Mantella Corporation and co-chaired by Michelle Zerillo-Sosa (Dolce Media Group).
Although it was probably inevitable I was glad to have introduced two great media personalities, Ziya Tong of Discovery Channel and Mike Chalut of Proud FM.
It was a great night in a unique venue for a charity that could definitely use more recognition and funds for providing medical relief to millions of people around the world. This organization provides emergency response relief to people caught in armed conflicts and natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes to epidemics of disease and malnutrition.
Quick Facts about MSF as of 2012:
- Nearly 32,000 MSF staff have worked in 71 countries
- MSF provided more than 8.3 million outpatient consultations
- Delivered more than 185,000 babies
- Treated more than 1.6 million cases of malaria
- and much more
- 81% of MSF’s budget of 944 million euros (C$1.4 billion) was spent on humanitarian activities with 19% on management and fundraising
- 90% of MSF’s income was donated by more than 4.6 million private donors
Photos by Nick Lee
Here’s an intro about MSF