It was a busy night on Wednesday May 28th, 2014 but the WEST Bar grand opening was definitely a highlight marking the revival of the original trendsetting King West hotspot from the ’90s.
** WEST BAR IS NOW CLOSED **
The grand opening party celebrated the launch of the 90-person patio with Grey Goose vodka cocktails, hand-rolled cigars, fresh oysters and more.
Bringing together Toronto’s socialites is fitting for the opening of WEST. A major part of what makes a bar successful are the people behind it and in the case of WEST Bar, it’s founded by a group of well-connected people know the social scene and the tastes in Toronto.
One of the partners of WEST, Glen Baxter, has been on Fashion Television and is the founder of the top-notch Right to Play Ball charity party which recently brought out international celebrity Russell Peters as the DJ.
“We have a fantastic group of talented partners who have come together to give people our age and demographic a place in the area that they can call their own,” said Kyriacou. “We want this to be a place for our friends, old and new, to relax in a refined atmosphere, grab a drink and apps, where they have the option to stay and dance the night away,” adds Baxter. “At WEST, we hope to further encourage and act as a catalyst towards the sophisticated transformation of King West, that has already begun,” said Nina Huber. “We have a uniquely curated wine list with a paired tapas menu which we are growing each week”, says Doussis, the bar’s General Manager.
Here’s some quick facts about the venue, target demographics & staff:
- 510 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4
- 4,500 sq. ft. with a 250 capacity; 90 capacity patio
- ‘Cinq à sept’ mature crowd; open later for dinner, cocktails and dancing
- Exclusive locale feel, featuring high design accents using inspiration from the past
- Open Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 5:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. and Saturday, 9:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- WEST available for functions on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
- Appetizers and tapas styled menu with a wide variety of select wines and beers and popular Grey Goose cocktails
- Fine art courtesy of acclaimed fashion photographer Babar Khan
- All staff dressed in Canadian fashion, available at Gotstyle: Joeffer Caoc, Bazuul, Cuchara, Haight & Ashbury
- Music specially curated for WEST by Lapelle Music. Patrons will groove to electronic lounge and house, with a mix of top 80s, 90s and Top 40
Photos by Nick Lee
Also check out our preview of WEST