At the Toronto harbour, Epic Cruises had a launch party for their newly-renovated River Gambler ship with special guest Kelly Gruber, of former Toronto Blue Jays fame. The lower level “Silver Lounge” seats up to 160 guests in one room, but the main feature is the Skyline Deck which Epic Cruises boasts is the largest open deck dance floor in the Toronto harbour.
Appetizers that night included tomato with cheese, beef and red pepper skewers, shrimp skewers, chicken breast curry skewers. Dinner included the following choices:
- Paella – Spanish rice with chicken, mussels, shrimp & calamari
- Bouillabaisse – Salmon, shrimp, calamari, clams, and mussels simmered in a tomato broth.
- Beet & Pineapple salad with raspberry vinaigrette
- Roasted pork shoulder marinated with rosemary, thyme, garlic and paprika served over roasted potatoes.
- Oven roasted Mediterranean chicken marinated with white wine, fresh rosemary and paprika served on roasted vegetables.
The River Gambler party boat is a great idea for those party-goers who literally want a change of scenery from the usual party venues. The food is good, the upcoming themed-events are varied and interesting (watch for the Burlesque Cruise on August 10th!).
Check out the schedule for more information about Epic Cruises www.epiccruises.ca