With an understated name like the “Toronto Region Board of Trade”, you wouldn’t know at first glance that it’s a premiere event space in the financial district of downtown Toronto, but when you dig deeper actually it is so much more. It’s located in First Canadian Place which is my favourite of all the Toronto financial district plazas. And since September 2008, the reputable restaurant and catering experts, Oliver & Bonacini, have continued their exclusive service partnership with the TROB.
So a couple weeks ago guests, wedding, event planners and media were invited to sample the event space being greeted with sparkling wine mixed with dissolved cotton candy as well as liquid nitrogen popcorn. Of course there was much more inside.
O&B brought their portfolio of restaurants:
- Representing Toronto Region Board of Trade, Alan Van Heerden, Chef de Cuisine, serving Poached Salmon Sliders
- Representing O&B Caters, Jamie Meireles, Corporate Chef, O&B Events, serving Korean Flank Steak
- Representing Malaparte, Guillermo Russo, Chef de Cuisine, serving Seared Rice Cakes and Pork Belly
- Representing Arcadian, Michael Robertson, Executive Chef, Arcadian, serving Smoked Lake Huron White Fish
As an event space, the Toronto Region Board of Trade boasts over 30,000 square feet of modern decor. The updated design was done by designer “Designum Design,” the same designers who updated the other trendy event space, Arcadian Loft. Recent renovations include:
- Ballroom: raised ceiling, great sound proofing, built in AV, lighting
- Renovated 4th floor washrooms
- New 3rd floor washrooms
- Stairwell addition from 3rd floor to 2nd floor
- Upgraded look with paint, wallpaper and lighting
30,000+ square feet
Seated capacity: 350
Reception capacity: 400
Chef: Alan Van Heerden, Chef de Cuisine, Toronto Region Board of Trade
Claiming to be one of the most affordable modern event venues in downtown Toronto, it’s worth taking a look at for meetings and special events.
Recent events that have taken place include the Master of Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology (MBET) and Toronto Region Board of Trade gala dinner (with a sprinkling of Mayor Rob Ford controversy).
For more info visit events.oliverbonacini.com/Venues/Toronto-Region-Board-of-Trade.aspx